Who are your DREAM customers for your own branding message?
The ones who GET you, who value you, who want to work with you over and over again, who understand your business best.
Think about it – where do they live and play?
Now, take a look at your image and messaging – your logo, all your marketing collateral, your website design, your brand overall, and how you present your business to the world. How does your business LOOK, and do potential customers understand what you do IN SECONDS?
Are your DREAM customers going to be attracted to your business? Are they going to notice you FIRST? Call you FIRST?
If not, then how on earth are you going to sell to them? What if they stumble onto your website, see your business card, see a press ad in the paper, or see an ad on FB – and they just don’t understand what makes you different?
Regardless of your industry, product, service or niche, looking appropriately professional, progressive and trustworthy is how you get your foot in the door. Without cutting through visually, you may not even get that chance.
If you aren’t getting through to the right customers, then it is time to take a look at your website presentation, your branding, your marketing collateral, and change it for the better.
Here are some tips to get your branding and messaging talking to the right customers, your DREAM customers:
1 | Identify what your CUSTOMERS want, not what you want to tell them.
- What are the problems you can solve for them?
- What makes you different and better from the competition?
- Know HOW do you WANT them to perceive you?
2 | Get opinions from staff, customers and suppliers, but remember that it is YOUR decision, so stand your ground.
- Can the brand be evolved, or is a whole new approach warranted?
- What value does your existing brand hold – can you leverage that?
- Think about the long term – ensure this new step will last the test of time.
3 | Understand the WHY.
- Reduce the fear of change – understand exactly why it is necessary.
- Keep everyone in the loop, and onside.
- Keep the vision clear, and work towards it.
4 | Commit, and embrace to the changes to your branding and messaging that are required.
- See it through.
- Owning the process of change will make others embrace it as you do.
5 | Be absolutely relentless about consistency, 100% of the time.
- Make sure your people get this, completely.
- Understand the myriad touch points.
- Give it time.
Rebranding displays growth and progress, evolution and innovation. Complacency with a business image will inevitably lead to the competition taking over.
Present yourself as the leader in your industry, and get those DREAM customers knocking on your door.
If you think that your website design, your branding structure, your messages and your strategy needs work?
Just get in touch with us for a free consultation – we can help you find your dream customers.