People are using their mobiles for internet use more than their desktops, and additionally, it seems that mobile users typically convert more than traditional users. Interesting.
Well, Google has noticed this, and has adjusted their search algorithm to make sure that users are getting the best possible experience on these handheld devices.
If your site isn’t mobile friendly, you will be penalised on the ranking system.
You have 2 options:
Make your existing design responsive, if possible, or
Get a custom mobile designed site.
If you are looking at upgrading your existing website, now is the time.
What Google looks for in mobile websites
• Images displaying properly
• Fonts being large to read on a smartphone
• ‘Thumb-able’ buttons – if links are too close together, or too small, it’s impractical for users
• Ensuring all pages are mobile-friendly
• Keeping content to screen width
If you are concerned about your keeping your google ranking, and all the work you have done to get there, then contact us. Avoid google demoting your site today.